Table of Contents
MLA Format Research Paper: How Should Your Papers Look Like?
Why do people need formats and rules? Well, such requirements are necessary to be able to concentrate on content without getting lost in different writing styles. One of the commonly used formats is MLA format.
Do you need to write a MLA format research paper? Then you should know some essential rules about your MLA format research paper.
- What paper should be used? Twenty-pound white paper should be used.
- You should leave one-inch margins.
- Your MLA format research paper should be double-spaced.
- Your MLA format research paper does not require a title page. Your name, the course, and your teachers name should be placed in the upper left-hand corner of your paper’s first page (left-hand margin). The title of your paper will be just over your MLA format research paper. Make sure that all principle words of your title are capitalized.
- As far as page numbers of your MLA format research paper are concerned you should write them in the upper right-hand corner.
- It is also very important to pay attention to tables and other figures of your MLA format research paper. All of them should be entitled and have the corresponding numbers so that the reader can easily find the necessary table or graph. The word Title and the number should be placed at the left-hand margin.
- Of course, you should pay special attention to the bibliography of your MLA format research paper. There are many recommendations for referencing and organizing your works cited page so you should consult the guidelines every time you need to write down some quotes or when you write your bibliography.
So, these several rules will help you to start formatting your MLA format research paper.