Rosa Louis Parks was born on February 4, 1913 in Tuskegee, Alabama. She is famous for her act of civil disobedience, which happened in 1955 when she refused to give a seat to a white passenger in the bus.
These are well-known facts about Rosa Parks, and you will find a lot of other information to include into your research paper on Rosa Parks. Yet, we should warn you that hardly will you find something exclusive to present in your Rosa Parks research paper. It means that you are at the risk of creating a research paper on Rosa Parks similar to hundreds of other papers and turning it into boring reading for your teacher.
This is why we want to share several creative ideas with you so that to make your Rosa Parks research paper stand out. Still, your work should definitely cover some important facts about this prominent woman. Make sure you include the following:
- A few words about the segregation and life of African Americans before famous events.
- Some background info about Rosa Parks. For instance, in your research paper on Rosa Parks you can mention that she was involved into NAACP.
- Description of the events that led to Parks’s arrest and the Montgomery bus boycott.
- Analysis of these events. Explain in your research paper on Rosa Parks that the Montgomery bus boycott turned into the national movement for the rights of African Americans.
Creative ideas for research papers on Rosa Parks
So, how to make your paper stand out? Try one of our strategies:
- Make up a dialogue between Rosa Parks and the bus driver; think what the white passenger could have said.
- Think what was going on in the police station when Rosa Parks was arrested. Describe the situation in your Rosa Parks research paper.
Our tips for writing a research paper on Martin Luther King or History research paper might also be useful.